Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All about Little Miss Saige

Saige turned the wonderful age of 8 this year, this post is her Happy Belated blog birthday post...This post is really late and I feel horrible that it has taken me so long to do this, its also going to be a long post, so sorry to those that hate long posts.

Saige was born on May 3rd, 2001, I never could have imaged how much you instantly love someone, it was one of the most wonderful days in my life. Our Family is truly blessed to have her special spirit with us.





It is so amazing how quickly time flies, I can't believe she is 8! This year her birthday was a hard one, her birthday fell on a Sunday, Travis had to work and since he works graveyards we decided to do our little family stuff prior to him leaving for work, and then we would just go up to grandma's house for our regular Sunday dinner. Saige was so excited because she would get to see all of her cousins and be able to play with them on her birthday. So we opened presents, sent dad to work and went up to grandma's and Saige waited and waited for her cousins to arrive, unfortunately not one person showed up, which is extremely odd as generally everyone tries to come to grandma and grandpa's for Sunday dinner. While we were eating dinner Saige turns to me and asks "why doesn't anyone like me?" as a mother this not something you want your kids to experience, ex specially on her birthday. She was heartbroken, luckily I have amazing parents and they were able to help me get her mind off why no one came up on her special day and focus on the great things turning 8 means.

Saige made the decision to be baptised and I could not be more proud of her for making that decision, while I struggle to go to church and do what is right in my life, I always have Saige here to remind me what I should be doing....

She was baptized on June 6th. Saige's Uncle Dan baptized her and her Grandpa Harris confirmed her.



This day was such a hard day and such an amazing day! While I was so disappointed in my family and so very pissed off at Travis family, Once again Saige is there to show me no matter what Christ loves me and I should not dwell on the bad but only the good of this day.

There was supposed to be 6 kids baptized, however for some reason they all had to back out at the last minute because of family not being able to make it in town. So Saige was the only one from our stake to be baptized that day. It was such an amazing baptism, all of the talks that were spoken were amazing. However my favorite part of the baptism besides Saige being baptized was the opening prayer, It was like she was talking straight to me, the spirit from her was so amazingly strong.

I am so thankful to those that took the time out of their busy schedule to be there for Saige on her special day, it meant so much to her and to Travis and I.






We are so proud of you Saige, we love you so much!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

She looks radiant.
Sorry that it was such a hard day, especially considering the occasion. But I am glad you were able to focus on the good anyway.

Brandon and Amanda Gregory said...

Saige is so special. I have to say that this post made me so sad because I do love her so much and from what you said I feel that you dont know how much I love and care for her. I wished I was in town for her birthday. We would have been there no question. I look at both of your kids as my own. I am sorry this was such a hard time for you. I thought the baptism turned out so wonderful. I could really feel the spirt while there. Please know that we love your special daughter!